Question:
How Do I Become A Cosplay Photographer?
AllyBB
2013-03-03 18:15:47 UTC
I have a pretty good Nikon camera (a professional one, but it doesn't have interchangeable lenses, it's got the same zoom as them, but that's beside the point.) and I am attending a few conventions this Summer in my state.
I was wondering if it is a smart idea to do cosplay photography.
How do I get started?
Do I need to be a legitimate well-known/professional photographer to be a cosplay photographer?
& how do I find some people who want to do a shoot and need a photographer?

Thanks for helping! :D
Seven answers:
Andrew
2013-03-03 20:19:11 UTC
1) There is no such thing as a Nikon professional camera that does not use interchangeable lenses. You probably have a nice bridge camera.

2) If you want to shoot cosplay, get in contact with some people who do cosplay, and volunteer to do a free photo shoot with them. If they like it (and if you like it), they probably have contacts with other people who could land you a shoot. As for making money with this whole gig... dunno about that.
?
2016-10-28 20:02:42 UTC
Professional Cosplay Photography
2016-03-09 02:12:11 UTC
A con is just a MAHOOSIVE shopping spree, so take plenty of money. If the journey to there is lengthy I'd suggest taking some sweets to occupy your time (or stop yourself from feeling ill). If you're wearing the lenses, try to buy them from your usual optician, or find out what companies they'd recommend. A bunch of Lady Gaga fans damaged their eyes from buying contacts off the internet. Take a bottle of water, it can get quite cramped. If you're unsure about any part of your costume on the day, it shouldn't hurt to designate a particular part of your bag/costume to hold onto safety-pins and the like. Be confident! There tends to be a huge queue wherever you go, and at some point someone's going to want to take a photo of your epic costume, so don't be afraid to pull a signature pose or something. Just don't take a real chainsaw. Compliment others on their outfits, and maybe even pose with a few other Kuroshitsuji cosplayers (I'm going as Alois Trancy in October ;) ). Anything else I can think of? No, not right now at least. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun! CloisterBlack
delicia
2016-07-23 19:07:42 UTC
Becoming A Better Photographer?
angeldesoup
2013-03-05 14:04:45 UTC
hi! I'm a cosplayer and I'm always looking for a photographer!! I'd recommend you start a facebook page and show off your work. and if you have any cosplaying friends, ask them to be models for you, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. and since they're your friends, you'll feel more comfortable with them. and while at the cons, make acquaintances with cosplayers! since you're going to a few cons, you'll be able to find many people and soon, if they like your work, more and more people will know about you ^^

btw do you happen to have a Nikon j-1 or v-1? I have one of those ☻ I also have a canon dslr too, I'd recommend investing in one of those just cuz they add to your credibility/professionality
2017-02-11 19:08:47 UTC
1
?
2016-02-14 04:31:40 UTC
This online photography courses have been designed to help you absorb as much photographic knowledge and new photographic skills as possible. https://tr.im/QAVBq

The advanced teaching methods make it easier than ever to learn the new skills you need, whilst keeping it easy and simple for your skill-level.