Question:
What exactly does TFP/TFCD mean & how exactly does it work?
2008-06-27 16:41:14 UTC
I've recently been getting into modeling & have a few photographers talking about TFP/TFCD. I know what it stands for - time for print & time for CD, but what does that really mean? Also, what should I expect? [pros? cons?] I know it's no money to me, and I don't have to pay the photographer, and while that benefits me by starting a portfolio with a professional photographer; what does the photographer get out of it? Thanks!
Six answers:
Phoenix Erotic Photography
2008-06-27 23:04:18 UTC
DEFINITION OF T.F.C.D.

TRADE FOR COMPACT DISC. IT'S A TERM USED WHEN A WELL KNOWN MODEL ASKS ME IF I WILL PHOTOGRAPH HER FOR FREE IN EXCHANGE FOR PUBLICITY AND EXPOSURE. THE MODEL GETS THE CD OF IMAGES TO POST ON HER WEBSITES AND I GAIN EXPOSURE FROM IT.

TF.C.D. ONLY HAPPENS WHEN A MODEL IS WELL KNOWN OR IF A PHOTOGRAPHER IS JUST STARTING OUT AND NEEDS THE EXPOSURE AND IS WILLING TO DO FREE SHOOTS IN EXCHANGE FOR THE PRACTICE.

I HAVE GOT PLENTY OF EXPOSURE AND EXPERIENCE SO DONT ASK FOR TFCD UNLESS YOU'RE FAMOUS. I PUT ALOT OF THOUGHT PROCESS INTO WHAT I DO AS FAR AS SETTING UP A SHOOT.

ALSO TFCD IS AN AGREEMENT THAT THE PHOTOGRAPHER HAS ALL COMMERCIAL USAGE RIGHTS OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS. THE MODEL WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE PHOTOGRAPHS FOR ANY INCOME PURPOSES.

MEANING: If some magazine editor sends you an email saying that they really like a photograph of you that's online and that they want to pay you $500.00 to put that picture of you in a magazine and it happens to be a photograph that you did on a TFCD shoot, then you would not be able to sell the image to them cause you have no publishing rights and the copyright is not yours, the copyright is with the photographer. The copyright is the code placed on the image file every time a photographer pushes the shutter button on the camera.

When you Pay for a shoot I still own the copyright but I may give you usage rights to some of the photographs. You don't own the copyright just cause you paid for the shoot. It will state this in the model release statement that you sign.
Gretna
2015-08-13 04:16:57 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

?
2017-03-03 05:06:35 UTC
1
?
2016-03-16 14:23:56 UTC
Apply everywhere,sit by your phone, and pray. Trust me, it may seem appealing but in such a competitive field finding a job can be hard so just be happy you're beautiful.
2008-06-27 16:46:38 UTC
The photographer get the images for his portfolio and usually the rights to the images. He can sell the images for stock or other use.
2008-06-27 16:48:31 UTC
The photographer gets to use the images he/she takes for his/her portfolio!!